“Disobedience Doesn’t Sit Well With This Mother!”
So how did it come to this?
Why did she feel the need to go for the Smithen-Western to make her point heard and seen not only by her three kids, but the entire world of social media and even got covered on prime-time news stations around the globe.
Well for one, we know about the disrespect that does go hand-in-hand with kids these days, you see it’s not 1970 or 80 anymore.
Those days are done…
Kids today just don’t have a clue how their parents grew up back in those days.
There was no –talking back–.
There was no –I don’t have to do it right now–.
And there sure in hell was no –telling your parents to mind their own dam business, because I can do what I want, when I want, and yelling at them when you tell them so–.
LOL, talking like that to your parents back then would not only get you knocked the sh*t out of, but they would basically whoop you with let’s say a hickory stick, or an extension cord, and don’t let your Father go and bring down one of those thick leather belts straps (yea they REALLY, REALLY hurt like h**l) you know the ones that feel like they weight almost a pound in actual weight and didn’t buckle one bit when he would take it to your bottom until he got tired of swinging.
YEA… Not a fun-time situation on all accounts.
But let’s be honest, kids get away with murder to the max.
DCFS has been around for a long-time, and since it came around kids have come to understand the things they can get away with to some degree.
Parents today know this, and it puts a huge curve on their ability to “govern the child’s upbringing” to the point where little or no parental guidance is becoming more accepted rather than questioned.
Strange it seems that this is the standard “norm” today, adults like myself at one time would NEVER have thought it would get this bad trying to raise a kid in the 2000’s, however it has happened and it’s here in the worse way.
From a standpoint, I can see the woman’s obvious frustration trying to set her kids straight.
I can even understand how she might go somewhat beyond the point to get the message across to her kids to straighten up and follow the rules.
But the fact of the matter is that this woman was actually going apeshit on a Charles Bronson ‘type level’ (one of my favorite actors by the way) , that’s just the mildest way I can possibly put it.
(Yea she basically pulled a “Bronson” giving her kids iPhones a certain Death Wish no doubt about it!)
I feel that it was definitely overkill on her part, and since it was posted on the internet (no doubt by one of her kids), I’m sure she might be getting unwanted attention from you know who… Yea, the Department of Children Financial Services.
This the end result after something like this takes place, and again I know it’s coming to the point parents are about to pull their hair from the roots of their skulls because kids today just don’t give a dam.
Now I have to say DCFS has played a part in a child’s life when abuse was evident from a parent(s), but what about families that were one time great, destroyed by the very same entity when it could have been completely avoided.
Now it’s not to say that DCFS has not made a difference in a child’s life, but laws given to children as we have seen in some cases are abused.
Examples of this are sometimes played out by the child, and this reflects upon their behavior when they don’t get what they feel they are entitled to.
This could a number of things such as the child wanting more allowance money, yet they refuse to perform their daily house chores, or too lazy to take out the garbage, or even situations where they feel should NOT apply to them so they suggest that the younger brother of sister should pick up the tab when told to do your chores.
Attitudes are another issue that will piss a parent off in a hurry, the child recognizes the irritation so they play upon it. Parents back then would discipline the child immediately for demonstrating ‘resistance’ after being told what to do, parents today however have to tippy-toe lightly before reacting with any type of disciplinary action.
So the parent is forced to “think before reacting”, due to fear that the child will report them to their teacher, or neighbor, even a police officer, blatantly lying on the parent as an act of revenge because they can’t get their way.
It’s definitely does to me.
So for the parent(s) effort, they can be possibly taken to jail for simply doing their job as the child’s biological guardian trying to protect and steer them in the right direction.
This brings up the big question to all of the confusing with the parents role.
- What is the true purpose of the parent today in our society?
- The government help to establish DCFS, however given all of the situation arising over the last 20 years over 50% of kids take advantage of the fact that the parent’s ability to discipline them is limited to a degree.
- More family structures are incomplete (fewer male role models in the household), mom’s role is very important as well as the father’s. Children need both attributes from both parents to become well-rounded individuals when they become adults themselves, and can pass the same positive values to their offspring just like their parents did to them.
- Distractions are the biggest enemy when trying to keep the family structure stable, traditional households did NOT allow distractions at the dinner table. Kids were to sit and eat their meals only speaking when their parents have spoken to them (goes back to the “old adage” children are to be seen and not heard.)
- Neighbors also played a small role in helping to raise a kid in their neighborhood, if the kid was doing something they have should NOT have done in the first place. Neighbors of the kid’s parents had to the right tell the “mischief” a kid have caused to their parents. In some cases if a kid did something REALLY, REALLY bad, they could face disciplinary action by their neighbor, and also receive disciplinary action from their parents when they got home as well.
- At school it was more of the same (especially if you were in Catholic School), the teachers have the right to discipline a kid that is acting completely “out-of-line”. Punishment can range from a kid getting remove from class, and sent to the dean’s office, to getting paddled by the teacher with a stack of typed rulers (that hurt like CRAP by the way!) And again will face disciplinary action by their parents when they got home, and the teacher would inform the parents about the situation ahead of time.
So you see time has changed vastly ever since the 90’s, and things seem to have went south after that so 25 years later we now have situations where a large number of kids are openly disobeying their parents like it’s going-out-of-style.
A good portion of the blame falls upon the government’s shoulder for giving children too many rights, they do need rights to protect them from obvious abuse if it can be proven in a court of law.
But when you have shows like Maury Povich broadcasting episodes about disobedient children, who went over the brink taking orders from their parents, and doing things that only an ADULT should do (such as smoking / drinking.)
You have to ask yourself… How did it get to that level LOL.
Well you know of course because I just pointed that out, and kids know it because it gives them a huge title of empowerment over their own parents.
Some parents felt that they DO NOT have the right to discipline their kids, and that scary because when they reach a certain age society are going to treat them like criminals for their outlandish behavior.
I do not agree with the methods that this lady had taken, however it does take more extreme steps to get through to kids in this time and day (except for those who are good kids).
DCFS itself has a hidden agenda.
It is a government created entity, and what fuels this organization is ever so obvious which is money.
People often look at them as “monsters”, the reason for this are the families that have gotten lost in the system.
Emotional, physical, and financial aspects all come to a head eventually, and the end result leads to a broken family losing all of it’s cohesive continuity.
The kids are most affected, and often get tossed into the middle of a destructive disposition. The family’s total wealth may be squandered away completely paying the legal fees to keep the services ongoing to help fix the family’s problems.
The darkest point will have the parents going through complete turmoil and insanity, driving them over the edge, in some cases feeling helpless going through the process, and even possibly winding up in the hospital as traumatic situations destroys their mental stability.
So like the woman who went ballistic on her kids cell phones, it may seem humorous to some people, but in reality it’s a crying shame that it comes down to threatening a kid to get your point across about them getting their act together.
Whatever happened to respect from children?
When you teach them well, and they carrying that type of positive mentality throughout their life?
It’s seems to be just fading away everyday, little by little, and social media devices do play a huge part in this.
So what happens 10 years from now?
The family structure might be completely non-existent, if it keeps rolling in the wrong direction…